Tuesday, August 26, 2008

ancient vows and happy feet

Beside's Sister Kim, I had another wedding to attend: Brother Ben. His fiancee, Steph, was absolutely gorgeous (as usual), I must say! Ben looked smashing, as did his son/my nephew Liam.
The wedding took place at an elite war memorial. And when I say elite, I mean ELITE. I was postively blown away by the beauty of the gardens and courtyards and and and just EVERYTHING. It was very first class, if you know what I mean. And I'm a country bumpkin so I know what I'm talkin' about when I say it was nice.
The wedding itself was very nice, not too long or too boring. Emily, my oldest sister, sniffling by me made it a tad humorous for myself.

Let me tell you: The reception was by FAR the best I've ever been to! Miss Ive can tell you that.
In fact, I sat by her during the dinner. Let me tell you something about Ive: she's so funny about her drinks. At first she started with a beer. Then I looked over and saw that was gone and in place was a scotch (very fancy). She ordered a coffee as well at the same time. Now tell me that isn't funny in the least bit!
"I'm so not writing about this for weeks," she laughed as she took a sip of Scotch.
"Oh," I snickered. "but I am."
And it's even funnier because up on the dancefloor, she had another alcoholic beverage in hand while dancing, pausing here and there to take a drink.

Before I left, I stepped outside to give Ben his aviators he had me hold on to for the wedding. He was chatting with a group of his twenty-something and thirty-something friends.
"This is my little sister," he said, putting his arm around me.
"Like, Seriously?" A man asked. "Like, little little sister?"
They were all staring at me in wonder.
"Um, yeah. Baby sister right here." I grinned.
"Woah."
"Yeah, I'm almost sixteen." I laughed.
That's when they all started really staring and laughing indisbelief.
"So you're not like, thirty or something?" the guy asked.
Well, thank you, Mister Knowledge.

The thing about our family is that not ONE of us are sane in the least bit. It's up to Steph to be the only one. I wish I could describe what the dancefloor looked like with all my siblings and Ive up there. We should go into circus business.

Really, it was the best night ever. I've never danced so much in my life.
Note to Self: Need more Family Functions. Bring Disco Ball. Kidnap DJay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You needs to right about the conversation you had with Ben's friends. That would be mighty humerous.

E. Fatale said...

will add =]

Unknown said...

HEY! I didn't cry that much!!!

E. Fatale said...

I said you 'sniffled'. Not sobbed. :P