Sunday, August 17, 2008

greedy grins and selfish smiles

I know in all of our lives, we get something precious taken away from us. Sometimes it's so unexpected, that we have to stand there, blink a few times, and process s l o w l y.
I've had that happen to me recently... I processed quite quickly and didn't like it at all.

Which brings me to my advice:

Whatever you hold close to your heart, person or possession, be greedy with it/him/her every moment of everyday. You never know when or how that something could be ripped away from your life.

So drive that Mercedes all over town every night! Who cares if gas is $4.00 (apparently not Bush!)?
Smother your lover, even if he or she gets all wrinkly from all the saliva-y kisses.
Polish that wedding ring obsessively and slobber over its beauty!
Listen with a smile on your face to your parents singing that love song to each other. They won't be there for you forever. You know what? Sing it with them. 'I bless the day I found you...'

3 comments:

Miss Ive said...

Holy 'CARP' Miss Penny,

I can NOT believe you wrote this. Stunning, stunning, stunning. And way beyond your few years.

Can not wait to see where your road takes you. Such an amazing woman already.

Love from your sissy,
Miss Ive

E. Fatale said...

=D

i must admit i became the least bit smug reading your comment. haha!

it's wonderful getting praise from such an amazing writer like you.

-E.Fatale the 'uber chick'

Miss Ive said...

e. . .

Your are awesome. . .keep typing away, miss.

M. I.