Saturday, August 16, 2008

how to save thousands of dollars.

Yes, it's just as simple as this:

Don't have kids.

Well, I'm not pressuring you to, but I've been utterly convinced today to follow those three, blessed words.

I've always never been a fan of small children.... But earlier this afternoon I was confirmed. My three nephews (along with 90% of my family) were over for a birthday celebration for two of them.

They were bored. I was innocently in my room talking with Catherine.

They attacked.

Literally.

For kids of ages six, seven, and ten, they were rather wrathful. They did anything possible to annoy me. Crawling, punching, pushing, pinching me out of my room. My tolerance was on level zero.
I had to constantly remind myself they were of my own flesh and blood. I withstood their little game and threw them around, attempting to rid myself of the pests.

Eventually this all stopped when their grandfather (my dad) took them to the beach. Ah, sweet silence, solitude, and seperation.

But, honestly, do you know how much money you save if you don't have kids?! I say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boo hoo! Now you know how I feel on a daily basis. I get it though. Somtimes they can over stay their welcome.